We have been asked by the City to limit people entering our range facility to the Ward Bros Construction people and myself. I am limited to presence at the range office only. The rationale was OHS. Please respect this requirement.
This means that Scott will no longer be able to provide the types of multimedia reports of progress and we will not be able to complete our tasks preparing the range for the eventual opening. I am challenging their authority to do this because the rest of the facility is outside the agreed construction zone. However I am fully supportive if this speeds up the progress. We will just need some wonderful volunteer efforts when we once again have access to the facility. So it will all be good.
You can check out the City of Lethbridge site here for their report.
Bryan Litchfield, the City project manager, has provided his first written progress report to me and it follows.
LFGA PROJECT PROGRESS REPORT FOR 04/23/2021Construction progress for the week of April 18th to the April 24th
• Range 3, 4, 5 cladding has been finished
• Range 2S the back half of the ranges air baffles is almost completed and the front half should be finished on Saturday Weather permitting.
• Half of the required fill has been trucked in for the Waste water site and will be placed as weather permits.
• Cladding has started on Range 2S.Anticipated Scheduled for the week of the April 25th to May1st
• Installing Air baffles in Range 2
• Continuing civic work on berms and target traps on range 2 and 2S
• Continue moving fill from Waste water site and placing on site weather permitting
• Hydro seeding is scheduled to start mid-week weather permitting on Ranges 3,4,and 5
• Cladding will continue on range 2S and 2 weather permitting
• Painting of the Cladding will be starting on ranges 3,4,and 5 weather permitting
Work on the project is proceeding on schedule and should meet our target day for substantial competition in early May.
By Bryan Litchfield | Facility Services Project Manager | City of Lethbridge
614 – 4th Ave no. Lethbridge T1H 0K3
Thank you very much for your patience as we work through this important project.
The first 50 people who read this whole announcement and can name the person responsible for managing this project from the start will get 2 free Range Day Passes that can be picked up at our opening celebrations. So send me an email to: email@example.com
I hope all is well in your world.
Rick Blakeley, President
Lethbridge Fish and Game Association
Alberta T1J 3Z1