Membership runs from January 1 to December 31.
Memberships can be purchased online here
If you have any questions or have any problem with the online system please email our developer at White Night Media
Benefits of Membership
By purchasing a membership in our club you will receive:
- knowledge that you are supporting the largest conservation organization in Alberta
- being part of the acquisition and protection of over 40,000 acres of our Wildlife Trust Fund properties which are available for hunting, angling and outdoor pursuits
- $5,000,000 personal excess liability insurance for a member who accidentally causes property damage or bodily injury to a third paryt as a result of an approved activity. (Hunting, fishing, hiking, bow hunting, bird watching, non-commercial trapping, habitat conservation and target shooting
- discounts on the purchase of personal insurance through BrokerLink (1-888-826-9427)
- yearly subscription to “Outdoor Canada West” magazine (regular newsstand price $7.99 per issue, six issues per year)
- exclusive offers on ATV and S x S models from Honda Canada
- 10% discount on select Mark’s merchandise
- participation in our annual Wildlife Awards Competition
- opportunity to participate in youth and women camps in Alberta
- opportunity to participate on numerous conservation projects
- The privilege of using one of the finest outdoor shooting ranges in Western Canada.
The Alberta Fish & Game Association (AFGA) is the umbrella organization with which the LFGA is affiliated. In addition to the benefits listed above, there are usually yearly membership incentive offers through the AFGA, including contests and merchandise. You and your family will also be able to participate in AFGA’s programs, scholarships, competitions, and committees.
- We believe in the wisdom of nature’s design.
- We know that soil, water, plants and wild creatures depend upon each other and are vital to human life.
- We recognize that each living thing links to many others in the chain of nature.
- We believe that continuing research into the intricate pattern of outdoor life will help assure wise use of earth’s abundance.
- We condemn no wild creature and work to assure that no living species shall be lost.
- We believe that every generation should be able to experience spiritual and physical refreshment in places where primitive nature is undisturbed. So we will be vigilant to protect wilderness areas, refuges and parks, and to encourage good use of nature’s storehouse of resources.
- We dedicate ourselves to the pleasant task of opening the eyes of young and old that all may come to enjoy the beauty of the outdoor world, and to share in conserving its wonders forever.
A) LFGA Individual Club Membership – Regular Membership is for one person only. It allows participation in all Club functions and activities but does not allow Range privileges. Regular Members are entitled to one vote at all General Meetings of the Association.
B) LFGA Individual Club Membership PLUS RANGE – Individual Range Membership is for one person only. It allows the use of the LFGA Range Facilities, either accompanied by a range officer or as a range officer.
C) LFGA Family Club Membership – Family Regular Membership consists of one Regular Member, a spouse/partner, and all dependent children under 18 years of age normally residing at the Family residence. Family Regular Membership allows participation in all Club functions and activities but does not allow Range privileges. The Regular Member, the spouse/partner, and all dependent children 16 years of age and older are each entitled to one vote at all General Meetings of the Association.
D) LFGA Family Membership & 1 ADULT Range Membership – A Family Range Membership with 1 range is for one person’s use of the range only plus a LFGA Family membership. It allows the use of the LFGA Range Facilities, either accompanied by a range officer or as a range officer. PLEASE ADD ALL DEPENDENTS TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.
E) LFGA Family Membership & 2 ADULT Range Membership – A Family Range Membership with 2 range is for two people’s use of the range plus a LFGA Club Family membership. It allows the use of the LFGA Range Facilities, either accompanied by a range officer or as a range officer. PLEASE ADD ALL DEPENDENTS TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.
F) LFGA Youth Membership – A Youth Membership is open to young people under 18 years of age at the time of purchase. Youth Memberships must be purchased and approved by an administrator. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org A Range Officer must supervise children less than 18 years of age. Youth members 16 years of age and older are entitled to one vote at all General Meetings of the Association.
Day Pass (Range Use) – Day passes for use of the Range are available at the listing below: Individuals may use the day pass for the day purchased but must be accompanied by a member with a range membership who have their range officer status. ALL adult individuals that are shooting on the range MUST have a Range Membership or a Day Pass in their name.
Annual Membership Fees
-Memberships are from January 1st to December 31st of the current year in which the membership is purchased.
-There is an annual membership fee for each Membership Classification.
-Membership fees are established in accordance with the LFGA Bylaws.
Range Officer Course – Upon completion of this course, you will obtain a Range Access Card for admittance to the Range Facility. Courses are held at the LFGA Class Room down at the Range. To find out when the next course is visit the website under the Range Calendar or contact the email@example.com directly.
Admission of Membership – Membership is available to any person who wishes to support the conservation of our fish, wildlife and natural resources and their management of the future and subscribes to the policies, principles, objectives and rules of the Association.
Rights and Privileges
A Member shall have the right:
-Of access to the property and facilities as provided by the membership classification.
-To one vote on matters of the Association during General Meetings.
-To become a Member of the Board of Directors if so elected by a majority at the Annual General Meeting.
-To receive communications from the Association.
-To comply with Association’s policies.
-To comply with Association rules as established which are published in the By-laws, and/or posted on the Association’s Shooting Facilities.
Withdrawal and Refund of Fees
A member may withdraw from the Association tendering a written resignation to the Secretary of the Association, but the membership fee of such a member, or any part thereof, shall not be refunded except as approved by the Board of Directors.