|Ryan Wolfe <firstname.lastname@example.org>||Received: Oct., 5th 2:19 PM|
It was a pleasure to meet with Rick Blakeley in July. The meeting was informative and it was great to learn about the great programs you offer. Your work is important and appreciated.
1) Do you support the continued operation of the Lethbridge Fish & Game Shooting Sports Facility in the current location in Pennaquim Park? Yes
2) The Federal government has said it will place the choice of banning handguns in the hands of municipalities. Lethbridge has an extremely active handgun sport-related community and culture. Would you support banning handguns in Lethbridge? Why or why not? Likely not. I don’t hear of many crimes being committed with handguns.
3) Do you believe a ban on so-called ‘assault-style weapons’ that were legally owned by law-abiding people involved in the shooting sports makes our communities safer? Not necessarily
4) Do you understand the process of becoming a licensed firearm owner in Canada? Do you have a PAL or RPAL? Basically yes. No current licenses.
5) Have you experienced sport shooting or ethical hunting yourself? What do you think are the key points to ethical hunting? I have never hunted. I support ethical hunting and sport shooting.
6) Have you used the Lethbridge Fish & Game Associations Shooting Sports Facility or been involved in any of our many conservation projects or activities? I shot clays there once. Great facility.
7) Do you support the City’s financial support of facility upgrades at the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility? Yes
8) Do you support the statement that the Lethbridge Fish and Game Association Shooting Sports Facility and related organizations represent an important community sport and recreation resource in our community? Yes
9) Do you believe that the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility should be treated differently than other sporting venues by the City of Lethbridge. If so, how? Well yes, as this facility represents a high-quality training centre for various divisions of law enforcement. As such it offers unique benefits to the city.
10) The LFGA on behalf of its members donates thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours into conservation and habitat yearly. Do you feel this is important at the municipal level and are you involved in any of these activities or do you support wildlife conservation and habitat protection in other ways? I donate when I can and appreciate all the efforts of your members.
Here is the link to my message
|Ryan Wolfe, Councillor Candidate – 2021 Lethbridge Municipal ElectionFor more information on the 2021 Municipal Election, visit lethbridge.ca/election.www.youtube.com|