|Nick Paladino <[email protected]>||Received: Oct 5th, 2:44 PM|
LFGA City of Lethbridge By-Election Candidate Questions.
1) Do you support the continued operation of the Lethbridge Fish & Game Shooting Sports Facility in the current location in Pennaquim Park? Yes, in 2017, I visited your facility and was totally impressed.
2) The Federal government has said it will place the choice of banning handguns in the hands of municipalities. Lethbridge has an extremely active handgun sport-related community and culture. Would you support banning handguns in Lethbridge? Why or why not? No, a ban on hand guns isn’t the answer. Strict licencing and proper training is.
3) Do you believe a ban on so-called ‘assault-style weapons’ that were legally owned by law-abiding people involved in the shooting sports makes our communities safer? Yes, I believe a ban on assault-style weapons would make our communities safer. I struggle with the need for these types of weapons.
4) Do you understand the process of becoming a licensed firearm owner in Canada? Do you have a PAL or RPAL? I understand there is a licensing requirement and no, I do not have a PAL or RPAL.
5) Have you experienced sport shooting or ethical hunting yourself? What do you think are the key points to ethical hunting? No, but I have no objection to those that enjoy the sport.
6) Have you used the Lethbridge Fish & Game Associations Shooting Sports Facility or been involved in any of our many conservation projects or activities? No, haven’t had the privilege.
7) Do you support the City’s financial support of facility upgrades at the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility?
Yes, my understanding is that it is reasonable, similar to other organisations that receive funding for upgrades.
8) Do you support the statement that the Lethbridge Fish and Game Association Shooting Sports Facility and related organizations represent an important community sport and recreation resource in our community? Yes, I do believe the LFGA does represent an important community sport & recreational resource.
9) Do you believe that the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility should be treated differently than other sporting venues by the City of Lethbridge. The only difference I can think of is that your organisation must maintain a well designed, safe and secure property….which you do!
10) The LFGA on behalf of its members donates thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours into conservation and habitat yearly. Do you feel this is important at the municipal level and are you involved in any of these activities or do you support wildlife conservation and habitat protection in other ways? Of course this is important at the municipal level. No, I am not involved in supporting wildlife conservation and habitat protection in any other way.