1) Do you support the continued operation of the Lethbridge Fish & Game Shooting Sports Facility in the current location in Pennaquim Park? Yes I do..
2) The Federal government has said it will place the choice of banning handguns in the hands of municipalities. Lethbridge has an extremely active handgun sport-related community and culture. Would you support banning handguns in Lethbridge? Why or why not? I believe there has to be proof that a handgun is used for sport-related activity.
3) Do you believe a ban on so-called ‘assault-style weapons’ that were legally owned by law-abiding people involved in the shooting sports makes our communities safer? Yes I do.
4) Do you understand the process of becoming a licensed firearm owner in Canada? Do you have a PAL or RPAL I’ve never owned a firearm nor do I ever intend to, so no I don’t know the process…
5) Have you experienced sport shooting or ethical hunting yourself? What do you think are the key points to ethical hunting? Sport shooting is just not my thing but I have no problem with people who follow the rules and enjoy their hobby. Ethical hunting means knowing and respecting the legal seasons of the game animals you’re hunting….It means carrying your hunting license and required game tags and following all the gun rules…
6) Have you used the Lethbridge Fish & Game Associations Shooting Sports Facility or been involved in any of our many conservation projects or activities?
Yes I have. I have done many interviews with Alan Friesen and have really enjoyed his expertise and knowledge…
7) Do you support the City’s financial support of facility upgrades at the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility?
8) Do you support the statement that the Lethbridge Fish and Game Association Shooting Sports Facility and related organizations represent an important community sport and recreation resource in our community?
Yes I do..
9) Do you believe that the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility should be treated differently than other sporting venues by the City of Lethbridge. If so, how? Safety is a huge component of a shooting facility. That has to come first and foremost.
10) The LFGA on behalf of its members donates thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours into conservation and habitat yearly. Do you feel this is important at the municipal level and are you involved in any of these activities or do you support wildlife conservation and habitat protection in other ways? Again, sport hunting and recreational shooting is just not my thing but I support those who support wildlife conservation and habitat protection.
Congratulations to the The LFGA on your continued success promoting a safe and vibrant sport in Lethbridge. Your donations of thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours into conservation and habitat yearly is significant to our city and I commend you for your dedication.
*Marks comments have been bolded for clarity – Scott