|Bill Ginther <email@example.com>||Received Oct 6, 12:08 PM|
Hi Scott, Thanks for your great questions which I’ll answer in the body of your message…Bill Ginther Lethbridge
LFGA City of Lethbridge By-Election Candidate Questions.
1) Do you support the continued operation of the Lethbridge Fish & Game Shooting Sports Facility in the current location in Pennaquim Park?
Absolutely and I trust that your group is getting the best deal possible on the facility
2) The Federal government has said it will place the choice of banning handguns in the hands of municipalities. Lethbridge has an extremely active handgun sport-related community and culture. Would you support banning handguns in Lethbridge? Why or why not?
Not being a hunter in any form, I still realize that handguns are generally not used for game hunting, so should be tightly controlled as a safety measure.
3) Do you believe a ban on so-called ‘assault-style weapons’ that were legally owned by law-abiding people involved in the shooting sports makes our communities safer?
I think it may to an extent but I’m a firm believer that it’s not the gun that kills, it’s the person pulling the trigger.
4) Do you understand the process of becoming a licensed firearm owner in Canada? Do you have a PAL or RPAL?I have heard about it and know what it takes to be licensed.
I do not have PAL or RPAL.
5) Have you experienced sport shooting or ethical hunting yourself? What do you think are the key points to ethical hunting?I’ve only hunted once in my life and likely won’t ever again…
I don’t no enough about what is meant by ethical hunting to make an intelligent comment
6) Have you used the Lethbridge Fish & Game Associations Shooting Sports Facility or been involved in any of our many conservation projects or activities?
I must admit that I have not
7) Do you support the City’s financial support of facility upgrades at the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility?
8) Do you support the statement that the Lethbridge Fish and Game Association Shooting Sports Facility and related organizations represent an important community sport and recreation resource in our community?
Without a doubt
9) Do you believe that the LFGA Shooting Sports Facility should be treated differently than other sporting venues by the City of Lethbridge. If so, how?
I feel that all sporting facilities should be treated equally and the LFGA Facility should be no exception
10) The LFGA on behalf of its members donates thousands of dollars, and thousands of hours into conservation and habitat yearly. Do you feel this is important at the municipal level and are you involved in any of these activities or do you support wildlife conservation and habitat protection in other ways?
Firstly I’m very appreciative of your donations and your commitment to wildlife conservation. I feel strongly that it IS important at the municipal level despite the fact that I’m not a participant
*Bill’s answers have been bolded and spereated in some cases for clarity – Scott